Monday, August 17, 2009

FLU INFLUENCED MASK APPEAL.....
All the characters in the following article are real and bear every resemblance to who you think they are.

Last weekend, I was invited to a strange gathering. The self appointed, down the road dress designers of Tapi town had held an urgent meeting. The P.S. read,’ since you never pay us any attention, make sure you attend because this is a very serious social matter. ‘

As Swine flu had made sure I drop my travel plans, I had nothing better to do. Letting curiosity get the better of me, I braved the fashion meet.

Three of Surat’s popular tailors Ms.Metoo Kumar, Ms.Neata Khulla and Mr.Fahid Kapoor, had got together to make the Surtis aware of the dangers of swine flu. The purpose of the meet was to promote ‘designer masks’ and thus encourage the junta to take precautions against the same. Here are their presentations-

Ms.Metoo Kumar-Ladies and gentlemen, putting aside all my important orders and assignments, I have decided to contribute my precious time towards making designer masks for our fashion conscious crowd. Keeping in my mind the upcoming Navratri season, here is my line of masks-I have used bandhni, cowries, mirror spangles and bead work to enhance its look. I shall be using the cloth cut out from backless cholis to make the masks and thus recycle, with less wastage. You may mix and match your outfits for all nine days or opt for a single multi coloured one. Group orders are welcome.

Ms.Neata Khulla-Hello sweeties and the not so sweeties ha ha ha! As you all know, the N.R.I’s are always gaga over my designs. So, I have included leather, lace and Swarovskis to my signature styles. Talks are also on for fur and diamond studded custom made creations, for the exclusive, one of a kind type. A lot of Bollywood heroes and heroines are contacting me desperately but I want to serve the Surtis first. You may want to put sunglasses on before viewing my dazzling pieces.Whats more Rs.50 from each purchase will be donated to a good cause by my company, come help make the town better.

By then, the hall was buzzing with excitement.’ I saw models walking the ramp with swine flu masks in the news yesterday,’ said a pretty young thing,’ but they were just wearing boring white masks, nothing this fancy.’

Then, it was Fahid Kapoor’s turn, he looked grave as he said,’Friendf and refponfible citizenf of Furat.Thif if fo fhocking! We are not here to promote fafhion; we are here to promote awareneff.Af we all know, fwine flu if commonly fpread out in crowded placef, fo, the mafkf for the fame fhould alfo be common. I am going to fimply put an emblem depicting the mood of the perfon wearing it.Fmilef for people in authority, profanity for fhort tempered furtif etc.
Unfortunately, no one took him seriously, but I hear the former two got bulk and corporate orders.
Tapi town tattle-America discovers Shah Rukh Khan.

No comments: